Gwydion Suilebhan and Olivia Haller have released their annual analysis of DC Theater Demographics for the 2019-2020 Season.
This report, supported by Theatre Washington, covers plays that opened between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020. The data set includes 139 productions at 56 theaters*.
The analysis includes data on:
- PLAYWRIGHT DEMOGRAPHICS: GENDER
- PLAYWRIGHT DEMOGRAPHICS: RACE/ETHNICITY
- PLAYWRIGHT DEMOGRAPHICS: GEOGRAPHY
- DIRECTOR DEMOGRAPHICS: GENDER
- DIRECTOR DEMOGRAPHICS: RACE/ETHNICITY
- DIRECTOR DEMOGRAPHICS: GEOGRAPHY
- PRODUCTION DATA
* The theaters in this analysis include: 4615 Theatre Company, 1st Stage, Adventure, Ally, Anacostia Playhouse, Annapolis Shakespeare, Arena, Arts on the Horizon, Best Medicine, Brave Sprits, Compass Rose, Constellation, Creative Cauldron, Essential, Ex-Pats, Factory 449, Folger, Ford’s, Gala Hispanic, Hub, Imagination Stage, Keegan, Kennedy Center, Live Garra, Monumental, Mosaic, Next Stop, Nu Sass, Olney, Peter’s Alley, Prologue, Quotidian, Rainbow, Rep Stage, Rorschach, Roundhouse, Scena, Shakespeare, Signature, Solas Nua, Spooky Action, Studio, Synetic, Taffety Punk, Theater Alliance, Theater J, Toby’s Dinner Theatre, Unexpected Stage, Washington Stage Guild, We Happy Few, The Welders, Wolf Pack, Woolly Mammoth, and WSC Avant Bard.
This analysis has been submitted to the national project, Counting Together, an evolving coalition of theater artists and service professionals, and their tool Project Search.