The Volunteer Ushers assist the Front of House team, providing high-quality customer service to over 30,000 patrons annually. The Volunteer Ushers offer front-line engagement with patrons and serve as an ambassador of the Round House brand. An engaging personality, even temperament, and attention to detail preferred. Round House is a theatre for everyone. We enrich our community through bold, outstanding theatrical and educational experiences that inspire empathy and demand conversation. We work toward equity, diversity, and inclusion across all aspects of our organization; we highlight voices that have been historically misrepresented and under-resourced by the theatre field; and we ensure that our work is accessible to patrons of all ages, cultural backgrounds, economic groups, and physical ability. Our organizational values include a commitment to be an anti-racist, anti-sexist organization. We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills, and stories to join us and develop our working practice.
The House Manager reports directly to the House Managers and the Patron Experience & Rentals Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sign up for volunteer shifts using link provided or by emailing the Patron Experience Manager.
- Greet patrons, show patrons to their assigned seats, help them navigate the building and answer general questions about the show.
- Assist audience during performances, bringing issues in the house to the attention of the house manager.
- Anticipate patron needs and offer assistance without bias. (for example, offering to stow a walker during the performance and returning it promptly to the patron at intermission and end of the show.)
- Assist in the safe evacuation of the audience in the event of an emergency while maintaining your own personal safety.
- Immediately alert the house management staff to any medical emergency in the theatre and lobby.
- Additional duties such as preparing programs, watching the stage for safety, clearing the theater and lobby of programs or other debris after the performance or holding doors for patrons to exit may be assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
Send inquiry to House@RoundHouseTheatre.org. Persons from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about Round House Theatre, please visit RoundHouseTheatre.org. No phone calls please.