REPORTS TO: Production Manager
POSITION STATUS: Full Time - hours variable, includes weekends, evenings and holidays. Must be present during all tech weeks, strike and annual gala.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Costume Shop Manager is responsible for the successful execution of costume designs for the professional and student seasons as well as the annual Gala.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises a Full-time Costume/Props Shop Assistant and overhire per show on a regular basis.
- Hires all costume over-hire and contract labor as needed per show/season.
- Advises the Production Manager on the creation of budgets, reconciles receipts, and tracks and monitors costume budgets for all productions.
- Acts as primary cutter/draper.
- Organizes build schedules in order to meet Tech week deadlines.
- Supervises (as well as performs) the construction, alteration, repair, cleaning/maintenance and storage of theatrical costumes and the construction or purchase of wigs and theatrical make-up.
- Works closely with Designers to maintain vision.
- In charge of purchasing all items needed for shows per designer's choices and organizing returns as needed.
- Attends production meetings and technical rehearsals in the Mainstage and Studio theatres as needed to ensure costume shop coverage of all Imagination Stage productions Maintains the costume storage areas and inventory of available stock.
- This includes pulling costume pieces for rehearsals and productions and the restocking of costume items once returned.
- Organizes and runs a costume sale every other year in order to control overflow of stock and provide another source of income for the organization.