Every summer, Shakespeare Theatre Company gives students between the ages of 7 and 18 the chance to dive into the world of one of the most celebrated playwrights in history: William Shakespeare. For summer 2021, our popular in-person camps are returning to Washington, D.C., and Virginia while Virtual Camp Shakespeare sessions are also available for each age group.
We offer one-week sessions for Poppets (ages 7–8) and two-week camps for Groundlings (ages 9–11), Young Players (ages 12–14), and King’s Company (ages 15–18). For returning Young Players and King’s Company, we offer a three-week Intensive. Our age groups are based on the optimum peer groups for creating positive, collaborative ensembles.
At Camp Shakespeare, students will:
* Transform into Shakespeare’s characters through voice, movement, and imagination
* Unravel Shakespeare’s plays with text analysis
* Develop fundamental acting skills
* Learn the basics of stage combat
* Perform for friends and family onstage at Shakespeare Theatre Company