Hiring - 2016 Paid Summer Internships
theatreWashington, sponsor of the Helen Hayes Awards, is accepting applications for summer Arts Administration and Marketing/Communications Interns to work alongside the theatreWashington staff.
Arts Administration Internship
The Arts Administration Intern will work on and be trained in tasks including but not limited to: organizing and maintaining the tixCertificate Program, financial filing, office supplies inventory, expense reporting, preparation for the Helen Hayes Awards, daily business functions, mail merges, mailings, database management (PatronManager/Salesforce and MailChimp), research and analysis, and event planning. Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and general office skills is a plus.
Marketing and Communications Internship
The Marketing and Communications Intern will work on and be trained in tasks including but not limited to: the creation of content and scheduling for tW’s social media platforms, preparation for the Helen Hayes Awards, website and email content, press releases, capturing media coverage, gathering data, and daily office tasks. Experience in social media (Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects) is a plus.
This internship opportunity is suitable for those working towards careers in arts management, communications, and marketing in the nonprofit sector.
• The intern will receive a stipend of $150/week
• The intern will be invited to be our guest at one regional production for each four weeks of service
• Meet leaders in the Washington theatre community
• A reference from their supervisor at the end of their internship
The intern will:
• Report directly to Communications Associate, Adriane O'Pharrow
• Work an average of 20 hours a week
• Commit to the internship from mid-May through mid-August
The ideal candidate is:
• Interested in a career in the theatre and/or non-profits
• Pursuing or has recently completed a college degree
• Willing to learn new skills
• Great with people
• A creative problem solver
• Able to work independently
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events (included in their 20 hour work week)
• Able to maintain sensitivity to the privacy and importance of theatreWashington’s role in the community, particularly in regards to the administration and adjudication of the Helen Hayes Awards.
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references to Adriane O’Pharrow at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “theatreWashington Intern Application".
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 9, 2016
*HOUSING IS NOT PROVIDED*
*This internship will start in our Crystal City office and end in our Dupont Circle office. Both are Metro accessible.*