theatreWashington is dedicated to strengthening, representing, and supporting Washington theatres, artists, and diverse audiences of all ages.
We represent and support a variety of theatrical organizations, including:
- PRODUCING COMPANIES, staging individual productions and full seasons;
- SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS, providing services and peer networking;
- TEACHING and TRAINING ESTABLISHMENTS, developing artists of the future; and
- DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATIONS, presenting workshops and readings.
- Promotes Washington theatre with research and dynamic marketing initiatives;
- Brings critical arts education services to our community by serving as a clearinghouse for the region's dozens of theatre education programs;
- Represents Washington theatre with proactive and reactive advocacy services to help progress important issues and quell those that could be damaging to our thriving theatre community;
- Supports Washington actors, designers, technicians, administrators, production personnel, theatre leaders, board members, and audiences with personal and professional resources such as peer networking and mentoring, emergency financial aid, learning opportunities that address the growing economic, technological, and logistical complexities of the theatre and web-based communication systems to help them make essential connections; and
- Continues to honor excellence on area stages with the annual presentation of the Helen Hayes Awards.
Benefits of being involved with theatreWashington: